- Use wadded newspaper to provide cushion in your boxes
- Wrap fragile items in paper before placing in boxes
- Don't over pack. Keep boxes and cartons to 50 pounds or less
- Pack items you won't need until after your are settled in your new location first
- Follow a schedule. Don't underestimated how long it takes to pack!
- Go room by room to stay organized
- As you complete a room, sort boxes and cartons by weight to make the loading process easier
- Label boxes clearly with your name, room, where the box should go in your new home, and a brief description of contents
It is important to use the correct boxes when packing your belongings. If you are unsure ask your San Jose Movers representative.
Below is a quick checklist of what you can pack in our boxes.
When packing fragile items, be sure to use plenty of whitepaper for cushioning and protection!
Book Box - 1.5 Cubic Feet (16.5"x12.5"x12.5")
- CDs/DVDs/Video Games
Linen Boxes - 3.1 Cubic Feet (18"x18"x16.5")
- Bed lines
China Boxes (18"x18"x24")
- Delicate fragile items
- Lamp Shades
- Stereo and electronic equipment
Wardrobe Boxes (51"x18"x18")
- Coats and clothes on hangers
Picture Boxes (24"x36"x3.5")
Legal Box (24"x16"x11") - Legal boxes are used to pack legal size files from your office or home.
Letter Box (24"x13"x11") - Letter boxes are used to pack letter size files from your office or home.
Banker Box (15"x12"x10") - Banker boxes are used to pack are used to pack both legal and letter files.
Mattress Cover (60"x90"x14") - Protect your mattress against dust, soil, water, and moving damages.
White Paper (25lb) - used to wrap fragile items that will be placed in the dish box.
Bubble Wrap (per ft.) - same usage as white paper.
Tape (55 yards)